My "first" blog at least on blogger. I will try to update as much as I can but sometimes I may feel lazy.
I leave to D.C. in 2 days. I am so scared. Not of going to D.C., but about my job. I hope I have the right clothes, I hope I know how to do what is needed, I hope they are happy with me. I don't want to screw this up.
The internship is with Management Dynamics. It's an international trading consulting firm. Their website is http://www.managementdynamics.com/home.shtml . I will be working with the Global Americas team dealing with all the Americas especially South and Central America since I am bilingual. That's another thing I am worried about. I hope I don't stumble.
Although I really wanted to work in International Development, I decided not to be picky and I actually like international trade. I can't wait. I just hope that my ass don't get handed to me in platter.
I finally finished packing today. I hope I took enough clothes. I was able to even fit in a pillow, sheets, and a towel. And I'm only taking 1 checked baggage and 1 carry-on that looks almost like a checked baggage so maybe I will have to check it.
I can't believe I will be in D.C. It has so much history and is amazing. I am looking forward to it!
I'm a little sad though. For several reasons....... I just graduated ( I know I should be happy about this and I am) but now I have to choose something to do. I have to find a job. I don't even know where to start. I know I don't want to stay here in Texas. But I don't know how to move half way across the country and start a new life. I also miss my friends. It only took me 4 years to finally find some true friends and now we have to separate from each other. I know I will see them again but it just won't be the same. I miss them right now. I'm also gonna miss my family. It's weird cuz I know they will still be here when I get back but I will still miss so much that they do.
Well I have to go. Here are some pics of my graduation and a sunset at my home in Coyanosa.
Molly and I.
My brothers and dad.
Most of my family with president Rallo.
The internationals.
Tibo and I.

jamie, you will be amazing!!! i think you'll find that d.c. is a very fast paced city, but you'll want to keep up with it. and like i said, my sister lives there. so if you ever need someone to call, let me know!
ReplyDeleteJamie, Hope you have a safe trip today. You will do great in D.C. I think it is D.C. we have to worry about;-) Thanks for the updates. Take care. Erika
ReplyDeleteJamie, I am so excited for you. I had no idea you were thinking about doing something like this after graduation. Since I'm so computer-illiterate, I could not get to your Twitter page or whatever it was that you sent to me. I plan to write you an old fashioned letter so I hope your old address will get it to you eventually. Just keep in mind that mistakes are only learning experiences so don't ever get discouraged. I'm so proud of you.
ReplyDeleteGood Luck and know that we love you very much. We are all very proud of you and will be thinking and praying for you. Take care.
ReplyDeleteLove your sis.
Jamie,
ReplyDeleteRemember how SCARED you were to go to Paris & how fantastic that turned out???? Of course you will stumble, that is human, BUT your optimistic motivation,hard working determination & God's gift of marvelous intelligence will SHINE! You have an irresistible personality, you are going to be fine. KNOW that I believe in you! Roselee
Hi Jamie,
ReplyDeleteI read your newest blog entry & think the Peace Corps will be an excellent choice for you. You have such great gifts to share, what an impact you will make on the world! I think of the small pebble thrown into the lake with all the ripples moving outward from the initial splash....that is you, I know the impact of your pebble & the ripples moving outward will be POWERFUL!!!!
Love you, your friend,
Roselee